If serving with naan, a great spelt naan bread recipe can be found here.
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 4 people
Superbly simple to make but packed with flavour, this Indian mince recipe is great for an easy family meal.
- 10cm leek, finely sliced
- 300g turkey mince
- 1½ tbsp homemade curry powder (theayurvedapractice.com/homemade-curry-powder) OR the following spices:
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 1½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp mustard seed
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 100g split yellow mung or red lentils
- 700ml hot chicken stock
- handful coriander leaves (optional)
- 100-200g of peas (optional)
- In a non-stick frying pan, dry-fry leek and mince over a high heat for 2 mins, breaking up the mince as you go.
- Stir in the curry powder (or individual spices) and lentils, pour in stock, then fiercely simmer for 10 mins (red lentils) or 25 mins (mung).
- mins before end, add the peas if using or just have steamed veg on the side.
- Sprinkle with fresh coriander leaves and serve with basmati rice or homemade spelt naan.