This simple dairy-free green-rich spinach pesto is great to have at hand for quick meals. Tastes great with spelt pasta for a speedy, healthy meal.
Serves: 8 servings
This simple dairy-free green-rich pesto is great to have at hand for quick meals. Tastes great with spelt pasta for a speedy, healthy meal.
- ~400g washed, spinach leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 5 tbsp / 70g pine nuts (or substitute some with almonds) - lightly dry-fried to release flavour.
- ½ teaspoon dried leaf basil, crumbled (or fresh basil if you have it, as much as you like!)
- 60ml / 60g / 3⅓ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt (or to taste)
- Place a few spinach leaves, garlic, pine nuts, basil and a little oil in blender or food processor container. Cover and puree until leaves begin to look crushed.
- Continue adding spinach leaves a few at a time with small amounts of oil to blender, using a rubber spatula to help to combine pureed mixture.
- Add salt and process until spinach pesto mixture is smooth.
- If not using straightaway, put into a clean glass jar and pour olive oil on top to preserve. Keeps for a week or so in the fridge.